Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How Busy is Too Busy?

One of my face book friends posted this today.... Busy stands for Burdened Under Satan's Yoke. When I first read this, I felt an immediate wave of condemnation try to settle on me. I am an extremely busy person and most people that know me spend a lot of time telling me that. My family tells me that sometimes. I DO NOT want to be Burdened under Satan's Yoke, so how busy is too busy?

Around January, God starting telling me that I was to take a break from leading this summer. I usually continue my ladies group in the summer and after 3 years it is time for a break. This year in my group has been amazing. God has done so much healing and brought so much freedom to all of us in the group. I am overwhelmed that God let's me participate in it. I have been contemplating exactly how to drop my life down to first gear when it is usually in Overdrive! Some of it happens naturally as groups are on break and a lot of the ministry I am involved in goes on hiatus in the summer too. But some of it, I have to make the conscious decision to ask my Father if he wants me to do and then be obedient and say NO if He tells me to.

Even knowing what God wants me to do, I keep finding myself looking to fill the now empty spaces in my calendar. God wants to fill those empty spaces in my calendar with MORE of HIM. Last month, my prayer shield told me that God wants to have fun with me and unwrap me like a tootsie roll! Interesting but somewhat scary too.

My friends know that I am very focused bordering on intense in some instances, although has done amazing things in me the last few years in this regard. (Did I just hear a loud amen from my friends just now? LOL) That same focus I can also apply to God when He tells me to do something but how about when He tells me to let go and have fun. I am to fixate my gaze on God because He is fixated on me! How awesome is that! I think that is why I love the song I posted on my blog last time. I am caught up in the gaze of the Lord!

Do you feel like you are fixated on Him? Do you know that He is fixated on you? I believe God wants to have fun with each of us this summer and although it will look different for each of us, he is beckoning us to come away with Him, to get lost in Him, to be refreshed in Him!

I know we are all busy women, wives, moms, daughters, friends but are you already filling in all the blank spots in your calendar with more appointments? I know it is hard, we live in a culture that measures our worth by our performance. God wants to show me how to balance between Focus and Fun, sounds easy right????? Are we too busy to spend the time we need to with God? I am guilty in this, I confess! We can't continue to pour out continuously and not be refilled by Him~

I really want to Be Still with God, Laugh with God, Have Fun with God this summer and though I am not sure what that looks like, I think I will try to take it one day at a time. Do gear down form overdrive, we must seek Him and be brave enough to ask Him about our schedule and then obedient enough to NOT do it even if we really want to!

I will pray for a Summer of Fun with God for you and please do the same for me! Ask Him to order your steps as I am doing. You will be surprised at where you can cut back and reorganize.

My secret sis gave this to me this semester and I want to share it with you!

Ten things God wants you to remember

I will give you rest~Matt. 11:28-30

I will bless you~Psalm 23:6

I will not fail you~Joshua1:5

I will provide for you~Matt 6:33

I will be with you~Hebrews 13:5

I Love You~Jeremiah 31:3

I am for you~Psalm 56:9

I believe in you~Luke 22:31-32

I will answer you~Jeremiah 33:3

I will strengthen you~Isaiah 41:10

Looking forward to a slower summer ride with Him,
Stacey

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have felt the twinge of condemnation come over me lately. I have been packing up my house when now the buyers may be backing out! Talk about a "did I not hear you, God" moment! Or was I just too busy being busy?

    Thankfully, we serve a gracious and mericiful God who loves us depsite ourselves! I love the image of Jesus walking this path before us and lovingly looking back to hold our hand. So even though I may have gotten ahead of Him, He already knows the outcome...AND He promises it is for good!

    Have a ball with the Father this summer...I will anticipate a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this! After my secret sister gave me a journal with the message that my Papa wants me to spend time with Him this summer, I am looking for that time. This post calls me to relax in His presence *now*, not later, and to come to Him about everything, with joy and confidence in His love for me. Easier said than done. But I'm willing to give it a try, since *you* are! You---are---*awesome*!

    ReplyDelete